Harman - Any Updates?

ssupercoolss

Post by ssupercoolss » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 8:18 am

anyone have any info on the orders placed with harman? mine was ordered in like may - 1st delivery was supposed to be august. last I heard was october 15th. no sooner, no later.

Motorbike

Post by Motorbike » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 8:30 am

I ordered my VF3000 that first week of May. I was originally quoted end of June for delivery, then Harman got slammed with orders and my delivery date was revised to the middle or end of August.
I received delivery of the boiler on August 12 I think.

I got mine through Tom @ Gardens to Grow. He was very helpful with keeping me up to date with the delivery. Maybe you should contact the place you ordered it from. They can get in contact with Harman and get you an update.

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 8:38 am

Motor,

That's where I bought my Harman. Long way to go from Jim Thorpe to Montague, NJ isn't it?

Motorbike

Post by Motorbike » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 10:24 am

Yeah, it is.
I went off of the suggestions on this board. I gave Tom a call and he gave me the best price I could find. He also helped me avoid sales tax on the boiler. Just had him deliver it to my house . I came out about $100 ahead because I didn't pay the sales tax.

I have a local stove shop that sells Harman products. They would only give me the retail price and that's it.
They're more interested in selling pellet stoves.
Tom was great to deal with.

ssupercoolss

Post by ssupercoolss » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 1:47 pm

hah - I think I bought my boiler from the place motor didnt like, but I live near philadelphia. I will be the first to say my local dealer here is a bozo. I bought my pellet stove off of him, and thats when I decided I didnt like him anymore. its one of those types of stores where they treat you like you are a moron, when in reality they aint that smart. they also told me no for a boiler in 2008, when the place up north told me they could get me one. and I do tend to believe that because it seems like they move alot of product, where as my local dealer is typically closed more than open. I would really like to belive the guy at the store, and I think he is telling me the truth, but I feel like input from this forum would most likely be the gauge if I am getting my boiler this year.

Razzler
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by Razzler » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Motorbike wrote:I have a local stove shop that sells Harman products. They would only give me the retail price and that's it.
They're more interested in selling pellet stoves.
Tom was great to deal with.
Yah and to think they are a Harman dealer thats RIGHT IN coal contry. And they want to sell peeeellet stoves! :wtf: :yearight: :rofl:

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”