New Pocono

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
cbc6
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Hyfire II
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post Sat. Sep. 13, 2008 5:57 pm

it was delivered a couple of months ago.been running it in the evenings when the temp drops into the 40s.wife and I both very impressed.am so happy with it that I have unhooked the o*l furnace completely and plumbed it into my chimey. :D
the folks at downeast coal are outstanding,cant say enough good words about them!

Jerry & Karen

Post Sun. Sep. 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi cbc6,
Glad your happy with everything. The Maine winters will be a real test.
Thanks,
Jerry

traderfjp
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing 3

Post Sun. Sep. 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Do u idle the stove during the day or actually shut it off and re-light it at night?
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert in any coal or plumbing related field. I only post my own experiences, research and common sense. If you choose to use any of the information in this post or any other post you do so at your own risk.

gambler
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Sun. Sep. 14, 2008 6:47 pm

In the spring (May)I would shut my stove off in the morning and relight it at 10:30 or so in the evening. I got good at making an idle fire in about 15 min. Anyone can make a ripping fire in 15 min but an idle fire takes a bit more of a gentle touch.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

traderfjp
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing 3

Post Sun. Sep. 14, 2008 7:17 pm

The igniter from the Coaltrol people mght be good for you. A timer would work well too.
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert in any coal or plumbing related field. I only post my own experiences, research and common sense. If you choose to use any of the information in this post or any other post you do so at your own risk.

cbc6
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Hyfire II
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post Sun. Sep. 14, 2008 7:18 pm

shut it down around 11pm and relight at 5:30pm give or take,outside temp in the 70's this past week during the day.wife hasnt been warmer,nor me,since we left wood heat in aroostook county. :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”