Question on Pocono

choyt002

Post by choyt002 » Fri. Sep. 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Wow, that was my first reaction when I fired my brand new pocono. The heat is unreal and the coal -trol is great I opened all the windows and through up a few fans to get the heat out I let it burn for about 4 hours.

My questions is for jerry, is there a door cover that you make for the pocono ?? that would enable me to open the door and let the glass cool so I could try to keep it clean. If there is one available could you tell me how much and if you can ship it direct or would it be shipped to the dealer I bought the stove from ? Another quick question where can I get the correct reostat for the power vent since I was dumb and didn't think and burned the first 1 when I hooked it up.

Please keep up the good work I have told at least 100 people about your coal stoves and how impressed I was with it before I even fired it up. I would also like to thank you for your participation in this forum, I mean who else does that. Alot of my questions where anwsered from here and I learned alot.

recently built a coal bin outside with removable roof. 12x8x4 there is 5 tons of coal in it now and I will be getting more in my dump trailer soon. Again I can't say thank you enough my family will deffinatly be warm this winter and the OIL boiler will be on low if not OFF. Say no to oil and yes to coal.
Thank you look forward to talking to everyone on here
Chris soon to be warm in Maine, New York

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Fri. Sep. 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully the stove will work great for you. The Pocono does not come with a door cover. They cost about $30.00 + UPS. You can save alot of money if you just replace the rheostat switch in the box. The switch cost about $20.00, but the whole box is about $45.00. Just order it from your dealer.
Thanks again,
Jerry

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”