Chicken or Egg - DHW or Hot Air Jacket

newcastle

Post by newcastle » Mon. Sep. 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Which comes first???
Need some advice on installation of hot water coils and Hot Air Jacket on Pocono Would it be easier to install water coil before the hot air jacket or the other way around. I have a problem figuring out how you would align the holes for the pipes whichever you do first! I don’t do much of this kind of stuff and need any help that is available.
I read the topics on the forums regularly and have picked up a lot of great info. already. The response help is great.
ken from newcastle

Blackdiamonddoug

Post by Blackdiamonddoug » Mon. Sep. 08, 2008 3:09 pm

DHW first
BDD

newcastle

Post by newcastle » Mon. Sep. 08, 2008 3:22 pm

Thanks for the response BDD, but how do you determine where to drill the holes in the hot air jacket whenn that is attached.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Sep. 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Tape measure...you may have to drill the holes in the stove, align the jacket, mark the holes from inside the stove, take it off, drill the jacket, put it on, attach everything.

Just make them a little bigger, then you can always put high temp sealant, foil tape or something around them to seal the hot air from leaking out.

Or cust a small square hole in the jacket for around the pipes, and then put a plate on the jacket with slots for around the pipes.

newcastle

Post by newcastle » Thu. Sep. 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks for suggestions Dave. Your ideas triggered the thought that as the Jacket is not pre-assembled and then installed on the stove in one piece but rather built onto the stove piece by piece, the location of the piping could be marked while the side piece is still accessable.
Ken from newcastle

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”