Used Stokers

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Sep. 10, 2008 6:57 am

Paint the stove first, then install the gaskets and glass. I use 500* black pro-seal or Rutland RTV for the gaskets, a thin bead behind each one. Works great to hold the gaskets in place and stays flexible. You can then fire the stove any time you are ready.

crochunisclan

Post by crochunisclan » Sat. Sep. 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Do I have to put gasket sealer on the glass gasket? I was told by someone that I didn't have to but I want to be sure.

Just to let everyone know on the progress of my Alaska Kast Console II, the hearth, power vent and controls are all installed. The stove is painted and in place and I plan on firing it up in the next few days. I'll post pictures soon.

crochunisclan

Post by crochunisclan » Tue. Sep. 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Ok. I did a test fire of the stove last week, boy does it put out heat! Last question:

On the carpet feed adjustment, there is the red adjustment lobe, the screw it sits on, and a nut at the end. Should there be a washer of some type between the nut and the carpet?

gambler

Post by gambler » Tue. Sep. 30, 2008 7:31 pm

crochunisclan wrote:Do I have to put gasket sealer on the glass gasket?
No sealer on glass gasket.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Sep. 30, 2008 8:59 pm

crochunisclan wrote:Ok. I did a test fire of the stove last week, boy does it put out heat! Last question:

On the carpet feed adjustment, there is the red adjustment lobe, the screw it sits on, and a nut at the end. Should there be a washer of some type between the nut and the carpet?
The carpet comes with a brass tarp grommet as a bearing surface, a lot of times this is missing. If it is just put a 1/4" body washer (large pattern) on either side of the hole in the carpet and it should work nicely. :)

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 10:15 am

Highlander wrote:Stokers and all coal stoves are in such short supply, that they are fetching premium prices. Stove glass can be bought directly from Alaska as well as other parts it might need.

Alaska from what I've heard are good stoves, even the triburners, if its in decent condition, and not too much money, I wouldn't wait too long making up my mind about it.
There a few new ones available if you know where to look

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 10:25 am

PatrickAHS, Welcome..

check your PM's

Greg L

crochunisclan

Post by crochunisclan » Sun. Oct. 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Can anyone give me good written instructions on how to properly regulate the burn on my kast knsole II? I am new to this, and I had a bit of a scare. The fire got very wide and the coals were getting red close to the bin opening. I pulled some of the ashes to the pan and increased the feed and the fire died down. PLEASE HELP! what i'm looking for:

proper feed rates/blower speeds

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 8:04 am

Can anyone give me good written instructions on how to properly regulate the burn on my kast knsole II? I am new to this, and I had a bit of a scare. The fire got very wide and the coals were getting red close to the bin opening. I pulled some of the ashes to the pan and increased the feed and the fire died down. PLEASE HELP! what i'm looking for:

proper feed rates/blower speeds
Check out this thread Alaska Channing III Need Help Very Nervous trader seemed to have a similar problem with his Alaska Channing III. Or maybe start a new thread on that issue to see if you can get the answer you seek.

crochunisclan

Post by crochunisclan » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”