LL Pocono Blower fan shot?...will I go through more coal?

WessWackos
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by WessWackos » Fri. Mar. 17, 2023 4:27 pm

Well, I just went down and plugged the "good" blower in and it took a second for it to start up....but after a little hesitation it took off spinning...................so I grabbed the "bad" blower and plugged it in...it just made noise, so I took a screwdriver and gave the wheel a little "help" and it took off blowing! I unplugged it and replugged it in and it took off just fine. I wonder if the time I gave it allowed the oil to penetrate and it loosened it up?

I was just about to order a new blower, but it's looking like I will hold off now.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Mar. 17, 2023 4:34 pm

Don't hold off unless you truly can't afford it. You bought some time is all. You know that if you put it off it will be more expensive when you do get to it. Besides, if you order a new one it will scare the old one into continuing to work for at least a couple years.

WessWackos

Post by WessWackos » Fri. Mar. 17, 2023 4:48 pm

So you think it is just about ready to go anyway and it wasn't just a matter of needing to be serviced?

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Fri. Mar. 17, 2023 4:59 pm

If it was tight for lack of oil,that means the bushings are OK. Keep it oiled till it starts to wobble. Then it's worn out.

WessWackos

Post by WessWackos » Fri. Mar. 17, 2023 5:02 pm

tsb wrote:
Fri. Mar. 17, 2023 4:59 pm
If it was tight for lack of oil,that means the bushings are OK. Keep it oiled till it starts to wobble. Then it's worn out.
It sounded good. I think it was just mad at me that I hadn't oiled in a bit. I even had it in my calendar to do this weekend. I'm going to take the other blower off and clean it up, oil it like I did this one.

bustedwing
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: LL Pioneer
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Hot air oil

Post by bustedwing » Tue. Oct. 17, 2023 6:02 am

In the past 15 years i've worn out numerous LL Pioneer blower motors, the bushings die, have taken the housing apart and tried to find a place where i could get new bushings=no luck. As a get me going until i could get a new blower i've added a thin washer to the end of casing and oiled and it runs, but grumbles n rumbles n echoes thru the speaker box stove housing, will wake the dead. Found a local electric motor place that sells a motor and housing that bolts right to the stove but is single speed and has to plug directly into 120v,adequate but cfm is a little low. Grateful thanks for the link to Fasco whse, my motor there is same price as the single speed and a direct match to my stove, saves some big bucks too !

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”