How about some info? On a hyfire

Crazyfarmer
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Eagle foundry company BELLEVille Illinois 42L 16

Post by Crazyfarmer » Thu. Mar. 02, 2023 11:03 pm

Like to hear some input on the hyfire . The good the bad and also about lighting it do you keep both grates lit. If you’re only burning one great, how do you keep cole from going on the other great is that in the settings on the coal tro? How much better doesn’t heat compared to an older Pocono. I’m up in the air on purchasing an older unit or going over to a boiler set up.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Mar. 03, 2023 3:12 am

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CbjuchkOYm0/hqdefault.jpg

This the issue with a Leisure Line stove ?

I don't have one but maybe others can chime in.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Fri. Mar. 03, 2023 7:45 am

The Hyfire has been around quite a while and the feedback I have seen on it has been positive. Like any large stove, the challenge will be moving the heat away from the stove to the far areas in the house.

You mentioned a boiler - do you already have some sort of central heat in the house?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Mar. 03, 2023 5:14 pm

I run a Hyfire 1 (circa 1996), (2 burners, 40K & 90K) I normally run the one burner until it gets cold enough to run both. I have switches/outlets I added to control the blowers and stokers, so I can run one or the other or both. To light the other one, I just shovel some hot coals over to the other side and turn the blower and stoker on. The coaltrol works good with it, since its in my basement and thermostat upstairs. I have a custom made heat jacket with a separate temp. switch and blower for the jacket.
Coal_Stove_FrankenFire_1.jpg
.JPG | 90KB | Coal_Stove_FrankenFire_1.jpg

Crazyfarmer
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Eagle foundry company BELLEVille Illinois 42L 16

Post by Crazyfarmer » Sun. Mar. 05, 2023 12:54 pm

WNY wrote:
Fri. Mar. 03, 2023 5:14 pm
I run a Hyfire 1 (circa 1996), (2 burners, 40K & 90K) I normally run the one burner until it gets cold enough to run both. I have switches/outlets I added to control the blowers and stokers, so I can run one or the other or both. To light the other one, I just shovel some hot coals over to the other side and turn the blower and stoker on. The coaltrol works good with it, since its in my basement and thermostat upstairs. I have a custom made heat jacket with a separate temp. switch and blower for the jacket.
Nice set up. Thanks for the picture if you kept both of them lit do you think your coal consumption would be more or less because it should dial itself down, correct the same as my Pocono ? I guess I’m gonna have to see you on hands-on

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”