keystoker coal stoves

abeahr

Post by abeahr » Mon. Nov. 14, 2022 3:42 pm

longest story shortened.
i had a refurbished keystoker coal stove bought in 1996 from outside matters in honesdale pennsylvania, great owners then.
the stove itself was manufactuered in 1972 as i learned from the company itself. i will not name names.
i bought a brand new keystoker last november from outside matters.
do not deal with outside matters or keystoker.
i spent 3,214.00 dollars. from the very moment i lit it...
the stoves sounds like a whale breaching.
brand new and i get to listen to the stove moan as it pushes in and out to feed coal.
i have fought with the company for almost a year and the buffoon they have to warranty any of their stoves.
just know that they do not care and do not care that the seller does not care

nepacoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4 / "Kelly" and an EFM 520 at my in-laws
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF-260 - retired
Coal Size/Type: Buck

Post by nepacoal » Mon. Nov. 14, 2022 3:50 pm

The only time mine made that noise was when the feed motor needed oil... Saturate the felt pad with 20 weight oil. It might help. Other than that, does your pusher bar move in and out easily if you use your hand to push and pull it?

Attachments

2018-05-09-13-15-21.jpg
.JPG | 156.7KB | 2018-05-09-13-15-21.jpg

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 11:44 am

After some time (a few years or so), I started having the screeching noise as well. It was the stoker motor as well. I'd shoot some oil in the little round hole to soak the felt as nepacoal did. It would quiet it down for a while, but then start screeching again. I bought a new stoker motor, and a fan motor for when the time comes. Seeing I had backups, I started oiling up above the little oil hole as well. The screeching stopped! The new stoker motor, and fan motor are still brand new in the box, and that's been years as well. So oil the stoker motor shaft above the oil port too.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”