Is THE KEYSTOKER FACTORY RUNNING BEHIND ON PRODUCTION

ROGERB

Post by ROGERB » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 9:03 pm

I ordered a keystoker stove in June, The dealer I ordered it from called and left a message today that the factory is behind and it will probably be October or November before he receives his shipment with my stove in it, Does anyone know whether this is factual or am I being led on.

Thanks
Roger

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Roger Keystoker has a 20 week's lead Time aswell as most of the Stoker companies Have you called keystoker they can give you a time line on when your dealer will get his order Hang in there you will get it

http://www.keystoker.com/

gambler

Post by gambler » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 9:10 pm

This is fact! They are running many weeks behind. I Hope you get your stove by Nov. but would not be surprised if you didn't.

jsang

Post by jsang » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 9:14 pm

I heard that the demand is great so the lead time is delayed.

ROGERB

Post by ROGERB » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks everyone, I will give the factory a call tomorrow, I thought I had ordered it early enough, apparently I didn't, I don' t think I have much choice, I heat with fuel oil, and the cost of that is high, I have already purchased 3 tons of coal, I just need a stove to burn it in, hopefully it arrives before the snow flies here in the mountains of WV

Roger

sbarbour
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF-3000
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by sbarbour » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 10:35 pm

I to ordered a ka6 on june 9th.I Purchased 4 tons of coal then I got that call from my dealer 3 weeks ago that keystoker told him it would be december before he would receive my boiler. Keystoker said I would have it by august but now its december. Hope its a mild fall oil is 3.98 gal $$$$$$

breaker_boy

Post by breaker_boy » Wed. Aug. 20, 2008 5:12 am

Same here,
I order KA-6 on June 13 and Keystoker just increased the lead time on last Friday from 18 weeks (early October) to 24 weeks (mid to late November). I called my dealer yesterday he said Keystoker is not making any promises and it could be longer.

Believe me this isn't fun, now I have too get my oil boiler back up and running again. It's a good thing I didn't remove it completely.

Keystoker should have limited some of the bigger order from dealers trying to cash in on the shortage. My dealer usually sells pellet stoves, I was one of his first customers that he had ever sold a stoker boiler too in fact he knows very little about coal. I had too teach him a few thing, thanks to all the help I got on this forum and from friends.

FingerLakesStoker

Post by FingerLakesStoker » Wed. Aug. 20, 2008 7:51 am

Hey guys,
I thought I was ahead of the game when I ordered mine on May 22, 2008. I was told lead time was 8 weeks. It finally came in on August 1st. My dealer told me that stoves are running about 16 - 20 weeks now and boilers are already out until next year for delivery. The factory was very elusive when he called and would not commit to any dates or lead times. He found out that my order went in with 150 other orders for KA-6's in May and they are behind by nearly five hundred now.

steveyrock

Post by steveyrock » Wed. Aug. 20, 2008 11:07 pm

A fellow who works for a truck body manufacturing plant about 30 miles from the Keystoker plant said keystoker approached them to sub out some of the welding in their plant. as I said they were approached but I have not heard if it happend.

Mike Wilson

Post by Mike Wilson » Thu. Sep. 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Any updates from anyone?

-- MW

coaltree

Post by coaltree » Thu. Sep. 25, 2008 8:58 pm

i order a ka-6 dual fuel on appox june 9 and was 1st said be be deliver on appox sep 1 but my dealer call me with a heads up about 2 weeks before sep 1 that it would be more likey be around appox nov 15,,, he has try to get a more firm date but ---- cannot get "real answer" from keystoker as this date sep 25

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”