Dvc-500 piping for basement installation needed

Rw417
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500

Post by Rw417 » Sat. Sep. 03, 2022 3:35 pm

I figured I would check here and see if anyone has DVC-500 exhaust piping for sale. I came into possession of a working DVC-500 stove for $200 that needed the glass replaced. Pretty good deal I thought, and it would be great for a first level installation. But..

I am in the process of deciding whether it’s cost effective to install in my basement or just buy a pellet stove. I didn’t expect the cost of the piping to be so high which by my quick estimation is going to exceed $2k for necessary pipes, gaskets and flanges.

Located in Binghamton, NY area and willing to travel if anyone has pieces for sale.

Thanks!

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Sep. 04, 2022 3:01 pm

Best advice I could suggest is to browse Facebook marketplace and Craigslist for the piping, or at least some of it. In the state of the world as it exists right now coal may be really expensive and/or not readily available as we progress further and into the heating season. It would be a tough argument to not consider a wood pellet stove. Although, I've also seen pellet shortages and rationing in the past. My feelings are that it will be challenging for people who aren't already prepared. Prices are rising, and some distributors are running short on stock already.

In light of that, I don't expect the coal market to be wonky forever so it's a tough call..

Rw417
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500

Post by Rw417 » Sun. Sep. 04, 2022 3:38 pm

I appreciate the reply. I have been searching for piping and hoped being so close to the area of manufacture and mining I would be able to find at least some of the pipes. But no luck.

I did however find a P68 pellet stove today used 5-6 seasons for $2250.

Fair enough and at least I can buy the piping reasonably.

If anyone does have any of these pipes for sale please contact me here. If I can’t find them for a reasonable price I’ll just use the dvc in my garage someday and pass it right through the wall.

Thanks again

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sun. Sep. 25, 2022 8:34 pm

I hate to say it but maybe a welding shop could fabricate some piping for you as long as you have a piece of the pipe for them to use as an example ???

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”