Hitzer 608 manometer help

Soccer918843

Post by Soccer918843 » Sun. Jan. 30, 2022 9:01 pm

Hello I want to make sure my heat isn’t going up the chimney I’m using a manometer as well as a barometric damper and a power vent which has damper on the hitzer 608 so quit a few variables I believe the hitzer calls for -0.02- -0.06 it’s around -0.04 but it doesn’t seem to make a difference weather the weight on the barometric damper is all the way to left or right on the horizontal or vertical settings on it. If the draft is set lower to the -0.02 it will be pulling less heat out of the stove up the chimney correct? Thanks

Attachments

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Mon. Jan. 31, 2022 3:53 pm

Soccer918843 wrote:
Sun. Jan. 30, 2022 9:01 pm
If the draft is set lower to the -0.02 it will be pulling less heat out of the stove up the chimney correct?
That is true to an extent. You'll wanna be careful doing that and make sure it doesn't go positive. You don't want carbon monoxide seeping into the house. As long as you are in the specs of what the manufacturer suggests then you should be good and not have to worry about losing an excessive amount of heat up the chimney.

Badog

Post by Badog » Tue. Feb. 01, 2022 9:04 am

I would not obsess with setting it to the absolute minimum. You have to remember that environmental conditions will change the draft. If you want to close to minimum you risk going to positive pressure. Just watch your manometer on a windy day. Sometimes a damper does not react fast enough and you could end up with a positive pressure situation.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”