Alaska Stove Parts

Badog

Post by Badog » Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 8:31 am

Alaska stove does not answer their phone or return phone calls calls. I left two messages and called about 6 times in the past two days. Does anybody know how to get parts for an Alaska stove? My feeder motor died and I need one ASAP.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 8:39 am

See if you can find a parts manual here by using search, or on their website maybe. I've never done research on they're stuff but other manufacturers usually have a manual for download on their sites. Then see if it crosses to something on Amazon. Are you sure motor is toast? I don't know how they are set up, but everyone talks about oiling motors and digging out packed fines. Is it one of those scenarios?

Badog

Post by Badog » Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 8:48 am

It is only from Alaska. It is a gear reduction motor and the gears are shot. I found them online but they all say “out of stock”. Hopefully Alaska is closed for the holidays but their message and web site don’t say that. Rather disappointing customer service.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 9:12 am

Badog wrote:
Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 8:48 am
It is only from Alaska. It is a gear reduction motor and the gears are shot. I found them online but they all say “out of stock”. Hopefully Alaska is closed for the holidays but their message and web site don’t say that. Rather disappointing customer service.
Yeah, no one would assume a company would be closed between Christmas and New year's.

Badog

Post by Badog » Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 9:20 am

Especially when their phone message lists their hours and says they are busy with customers and will call you back. I am just glad I did not drive 11/2 to the store just to find that out. If they are closed.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 7:31 pm

Not “only from Alaska”
You only need to know or determine the gear box RPM out to shaft. Then go shopping online.
Badog wrote:
Fri. Dec. 31, 2021 8:48 am
It is “only from Alaska” It is a gear reduction motor and the gears are shot. I found them online but they all say “out of stock”. Hopefully Alaska is closed for the holidays but their message and web site don’t say that. Rather disappointing customer service.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sun. Jan. 02, 2022 9:55 pm

jono ace hardware in jonestown sells alaska parts. You can also get a motor from keystoker for a reading stove if it's the older triburner design. I bought a stoker motor from Reading stove company for my alaska years ago. keystoker owns reading stove company parts stock now.

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Mon. Jan. 03, 2022 9:23 am

I had the same experience with Alaska. They will return your call...sometime. I spoke to the owner(?). He says they are extremely understaffed and are having trouble keeping up. I also sent a message on the website. I ordered and recieved my part, but it took a month or more. Good luck!

Badog

Post by Badog » Wed. Jan. 05, 2022 7:25 am

As it turns out I could have gotten one at a dealer 4 miles away but they are not on the Alaska dealer list. When I finally got someone at Alaska to answer on Monday they told me that KC Stoves is a dealer. Of course they are closed on Monday. Apparently the motor is on back order at a lot of dealers but I did find one in the Poconos. KC called me back Tuesday and they had one in stock. I informed them that they are not on the Alaska dealer list. The woman I spoke to said they had told Alaska quite a while ago about that but apparently they did nothing. I love the stove but they need to work on marketing and customer service.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”