Harman Mag Draft Question

GAMESNIPER

Post by GAMESNIPER » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 10:37 am

Need some answers on setting draft for my mag stoker it says to take draft reading in flue in matinance mode how do I put the stove in this mode.....what is this mode.... do you need to set draft in firebox on this mode also....can anyone explain how to setup draft on this stove....i have my own manometer.......replies would be appreciated

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Maintenance mode is the fire idling,, just maintaining a fire.. You cannot set the draft in this warm summer weather,, it will be inaccurate when the weather turns colder..

Right now your chimney will not pull anywhere near as strong a draft as it will when the outside temps are near freezing..

Have patience,, cold weather is just a few months away.. then you will be able to set your barometric damper. For now, just a rough setting using the sliding weight [Field Controls type RC] will get the damper in 'the ballpark'

Greg L.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 4:10 pm

I thought when they said maintenance mode, they were referring to the times the boiler fires per the timer, not when it is trying to satisfy the aquastat. It's a much lower fire then. When it is ideling between maintenance cycles, you will probably not have enough draft to set it.

GAMESNIPER

Post by GAMESNIPER » Thu. Aug. 14, 2008 11:20 am

Im sorry it is pilot mode what is pilot mode...???

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Thu. Aug. 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Same as I described for 'maintenance mode'.. just enough fire to keep the coal burning, and able to ramp up to a bigger fire with more coal when the thermostat calls for more heat..

Typically a pilot fire is a small ribbon of burning coal abuot 10% of the size of a full fire.

Greg L.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”