6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 5951
- Joined: Mon. Nov. 14, 2005 8:40 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
- Coal Size/Type: Rice
- Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
- Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon
- Location: Cuba, NY
You could probably adapt a larger one with some inginuity , also the bigger the fan, the cooler the air temp as it washes the stove of heat, it wouldn't have time to heat up and may blow cooler air then if you had less air flow. I have tried different things, you don't want to go too big, it would just blow cooler air due to the velocity....
- Posts: 1094
- Joined: Mon. Sep. 17, 2007 5:27 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam
- Location: Wayne county PA.
Last year was my first year running the Pioneer, I tried 2 different fans pointing at the stove from each side, in front, near the back etc.etc. I put a fan hanging in a unused doorway trying to move hot air also. They all worked to some extent but what I ended up doing was installing a ceiling fan in the room where the stove was. I could not put it directly above the stove. It is off to the side a bit. I turn the fan on the lowest setting and leave it on all the time. It worked better than any fan just pointing at the stove trying to move hot air even if the t-stat wasn't calling for heat and the blower was off.Adamiscold wrote:Jerry,
Can the fan in back of a pioneer be upgraded to a larger one? Would it effect the performance of the stove at all?