Pioneer LE Fan

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Tue. Aug. 12, 2008 9:23 am

Jerry,

Can the fan in back of a pioneer be upgraded to a larger one? Would it effect the performance of the stove at all?

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Tue. Aug. 12, 2008 9:12 pm

Adam,
That's as big as they come. If you had a torch and a welder you could add another fan on the other side of the back. Parts would be about $250.00
Jerry

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 9:58 am

Ok, thanks Jerry :)

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 10:17 am

You can run a small fan on the floor and point it at the stove.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 1:19 pm

You could probably adapt a larger one with some inginuity , also the bigger the fan, the cooler the air temp as it washes the stove of heat, it wouldn't have time to heat up and may blow cooler air then if you had less air flow. I have tried different things, you don't want to go too big, it would just blow cooler air due to the velocity....

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Adamiscold wrote:Jerry,

Can the fan in back of a pioneer be upgraded to a larger one? Would it effect the performance of the stove at all?
Last year was my first year running the Pioneer, I tried 2 different fans pointing at the stove from each side, in front, near the back etc.etc. I put a fan hanging in a unused doorway trying to move hot air also. They all worked to some extent but what I ended up doing was installing a ceiling fan in the room where the stove was. I could not put it directly above the stove. It is off to the side a bit. I turn the fan on the lowest setting and leave it on all the time. It worked better than any fan just pointing at the stove trying to move hot air even if the t-stat wasn't calling for heat and the blower was off.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”