New Guy Looking for Stoker Info

BeerMonley
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Lesiure Line
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by BeerMonley » Mon. Aug. 11, 2008 8:55 pm

looking to get into a stoker this year (currently have older Harman but have no idea what model it was in the house when we bought it) my friend has a Harman magnum stoker and I really liked it, seemed to heat his house well and was easy to use (wife can load it)and it has a thermostat. so my question, is this a good stove? I see that leisure line also makes onethat has the options im looking for. what eles is out there? I have no size requirments as its in a finished basement with one side just for the stove, but im not made of money and want one that wont break my wallet.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Aug. 12, 2008 12:58 am

Harman makes a good stove but good luck getting one in the near future. If you're lucky probably sometime after Christmas as I understand it at this point.

Other than Harman or Leisure Line... Alaska, Keystoker, Reading and I believe Hitzer either has new model on the market or will shortly. There may have been some I missed but those are the major players.

As far as which one? It's a toss up, you won't be disappointed in any of them. Right now its whichever one you can get your hands on the quickest. ;)

BeerMonley
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Lesiure Line
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by BeerMonley » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 7:59 pm

well I went to 2 places today to look at them and neither can get anything for this winter, I may fix up my old one and try it again, is there a section for learning how to make a reg coal stove work well?

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 8:02 pm

BeerMonley wrote:is there a section for learning how to make a reg coal stove work well?
Hand Fired Coal Stoves

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”