Keystoker, Koker Furnace

katezack

Post by katezack » Sun. Aug. 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Does anyone have experience with Keystoker, Koker Furnace? What is good and bad?

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Aug. 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Moving this to the stoker, boiler furnace forum for better exposure.

Greg L

Do a search for Koker, there are several owners of this furnace here, and as far as I know everyone likes them.. I took a tour of the Keystoker factory a few months back, and I saw these being built.. they are quite heavy duty, I think with normal maintenance they should last decades.

Greg L.

stokin-railroad

Post by stokin-railroad » Sun. Aug. 10, 2008 9:59 pm

hi katezack, I have a koker and am very happy with it. we heated 1200 sq ft last season with it used no oil.did you or will you be hooking into fha. furnace. that is how ours is connected and worked well.i burned 4 tons of coal for season and temp was 70* all winter warmer if desired.you should have good results with your koker ,we have no regrets in our desision to use coal. :D Rich

szembek

Post by szembek » Mon. Aug. 11, 2008 1:49 pm

I have a keystoker A120, from what I hear they are similar in function, except the koker is not insulated so it gives off radiant heat to the room it is in. For me, the warm air furnace made more sense since I don't need to heat the basement. The koker has a huge hopper on it, and I think everyone here who has one likes it.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”