Advice on New Furnace

edwardwillms

Post by edwardwillms » Thu. Apr. 29, 2021 9:24 pm

Recently moved to a new to us home with oil forced air heat. We had a Reading Sesquhana in our old house (10 years old). Our first fuel oil bill was more than was spent on coal to heat the old house all winter. The two local dealers have pushed me to a Koker. There are thing I like about the Hitzer 710. No one has tried to sell me a Reading. I found this site and have discovered the LL AK110. Now I really am not sure what to buy. I have not found a LL dealer yet to call about price and availability. Would anyone have a idea on price? I have been quoted 2850 for the Hitzer, 3250 for the Koker. I don't mind paying for quality product. I will also have to install a second chimney for the coal as my oil and propane hot water are in the existing block chimney. I had bad luck with a power vent at the old house. Thanks for the help. I am in Wyoming county New York if anyone knows a LL dealer in the area.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Fri. Apr. 30, 2021 12:05 am

Reading is out of business, Keystoker owns the patents and has a warehouse full of new old stock reading stoves.
I get parts for my reading stove at keystoker.
If you are considering used i'm selling my reading allegheny cheap

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Fri. Apr. 30, 2021 12:07 am

If you are set on hot air i would consider a Leisure line.
any chance you may want to switch to a boiler? i'm really digging my new to me efm 350.

lgilkes
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman DVC, Keystoker Koker, EFM-AF, EFM-520 Boiler

Post by lgilkes » Mon. May. 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Keystoker Koker, is not bad, but i would look for a used EFM AF-150, or look for one of the higher end Keystoker Furnace units, if you are set on a furnace.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”