Not holding temperature

xaos
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by xaos » Mon. Mar. 22, 2021 10:22 am

How is your carpet feed plate??
Is the end burnt or rusted off some, this would cause the feed of coal to be reduced..

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Tue. Nov. 30, 2021 11:36 am

Jason79 wrote:
Tue. Mar. 02, 2021 7:19 pm
Hey everyone!!
I'm looking for some suggestions concerning my Reading Juniata model stoker stove. I haven't had any problems over the past 7 yrs using it during the winter months. I just had to change the stoker motor and I'm having an issue holding temps now. My coaltrol is set to hold 75 degrees and I'm only getting it to reach 70 to 71. I've adjusted the red tab to compensate for the difference in rod lengths between 2 motors. My current settings I'm using are a max of 42 and a min of 6. Here is a pic of the fire.
It seems there is either a significant difference in the mechanicals or the new motor's RPM is slower than your original motor. Do your best to get the mechanical setup the same as it was. Try increasing your throw with the reb tab adjustment. You can also adjust your MIN and MAX. If you leave it on the MIN or MAX screens it will stay on that screen and run the stoker at that rate. So once you have done what you can with the mechanical adjustments, use the MIN and MAX screen to make adjustments and achieve a good idle fire and then a good max fire.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”