A Few Questions

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Wed. Aug. 06, 2008 2:07 am

The bottom the the Koker will never get hot enough to bubble or burn paint.. the outer jacket of the furnace will always have paint on it.. the bottom of the Koker is more likely to damage the paint on the concrete by trapping moisture than by heat.

Greg.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Aug. 06, 2008 8:40 am

Richard S. wrote:
jrn8265 wrote:3. Is it ok to place the unit directly on a piece of 3/4" plywoood that sits directly on a painted concrete floor?
Do you mean you want to place the stoker over a piece of plywood? Even if allowed I wouldn't consider doing that. I don't know about that particular unit but the larger stokers like the EFM's or my Van Wert don't have a bottom. Hot ashes could ignite the wood. Even if it has a bottom you're still running a risk. Any combustible material should be kept away from any stove that burns solid fuel.
FYI Richard all EFM Stoker boiler have a bottom on the base they are not opened bottom boiler's like AA GJ Wagner Van Wert lowline and so on all Keystoker's also has bottom's in them Oh and losch to

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Aug. 06, 2008 8:52 am

Ahh, I thought the EFM's were open too. Don't really see the point though. ;)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”