Bought a Pocono !!!

scotty

Post by scotty » Sun. Aug. 03, 2008 9:22 am

wow I feel pretty lucky!! I found a dealer that had in stock a pocono stove !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is exactly what I wanted for my basement instalation.Other dealers I called said maybe dec-jan if I ordered now.And to boot they where only 50 minutes from the house.I'm glade I found them because I didn't want to settle for something I really didn't want.If your thinking of buying a coal stove I wouldn't wait.
Jerry thanks for building a great stove!!! The dealer only had a BV I kinda wanted a top vent,I am venting to my 6'' S.S. triple wall pipe what if any difference is their??????.At this point I didn't care if it vented out the side !! I just wanted to get a pocono, and not next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Aug. 03, 2008 11:42 am

A bottom vent is actually slightly more efficient than a top vent.. the hot air stays in the stove body longer as it has to circulate all the way to the bottom to vent out of the stove..

Make sure you keep the bottom of the stove clean, don't let ash accumulate around the ash pan or over the exit of the vent pipe..

It's a good feeling to know you are going to pay a lot less for heat this winter, isn't it??

Congrats..

Greg L

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Aug. 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Congrats on the good find! Wooohooo!!

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”