Installation ?S LL Pioneer

crazyroscoe

Post by crazyroscoe » Wed. Jul. 30, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm getting a LL Pioneer LE in Aug. and have some questions. When we moved into this house 18 yrs ago it was electric heat and I quickly changed over to oil/hot water economical then but not now. need to supplement, there was a wood burning stove in family room down stairs, which I got rid of, by the way this house is a tri level ranch the stove was in a bricked corner 29" deep x 41" wide on a slate slab same size. will this area fit the Pioneer and do I need to do anything to the existing flu other than clean it, i'm pretty sure it's a 6" pipe. The stove will face a wall thats 5.5ft away and the stairs are to the right of this wall , do you think I'll get enough heat will move up stairs we have cathederal ceilings in living room and kit/din. Thanks for any info. And bye the way this site is great. I've gotten a lot of info here.

George

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Thu. Jul. 31, 2008 7:56 am

You might want to add some ducts to help get the air up into the other floors and add a return duct to get it to circulate to maximize the heat distribution through out your house. I'm not sure on the pad size needed for the stove. Make sure your chimney is in great shape and cleaned before installing it.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Jul. 31, 2008 12:47 pm

You will need a Barometric Damper in a TEE and maybe an additional TEE for clean-out depending on the amount of room you have for the piping.

I think most stoves require 16" in the front, 16-30" on the sides or less depending on the type of walls you have.

yes, some type duct or fan to move the warm air upstairs is always a must....you may have to experiment with simple things first, to see what works and doesn't work.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”