Keystoker 90/105 Chimney Owners Cold Air Return

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Wed. Jul. 30, 2008 12:58 pm

I want to connect my new keystoker 105 to my duckwork as well as to my furnaces cold air return. I am told I would need to build something to connect it to the keystoker intake. Has anyone done this? Can you please post a few photos of how you have connected to the cold air intake, specifically right at the stove itself?

I want to start building this so I am ready for the unit. Thank you!

hall115

Post by hall115 » Thu. Jul. 31, 2008 4:31 pm

I got a 105000 BTU unit and it came with a small filter apparatus to hook up to the intake of the blower fan. What I did was go to a heating and supply place in town here and matched up a 6X8 inch take off which would normally go into the box on my supply line to start a register run. I used the small frame that holds the filter and secured it to the side of the blower intake. Then I hooked up the elbow to the frame. I used some scrap metal and zip screws to fasten it all together than I ran 8 inch pipe to the filter box that I also made from scrap leftovers. On the other side I hooked it into my 12 inch return line. The intake on my blower fan was only 7 1/2 inches so the 8 inch feed line is more than enough. I wanted to use a full size filter and the home made box works pretty well for that and it is easy to replace the filter. The only thing you may find different is that I bought a unti with a 800 cfm blower fan so you'll have to adapt the size accordingly. I also used black tape for a temp fix to any sharp edges I left. I plan on replacing it with metal tape as soon as I pick some up.

Jon

Attachments

furnace intake 2.JPG
.JPG | 335.5KB | furnace intake 2.JPG

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Jul. 31, 2008 6:30 pm

I just used a piece of pipe about the size of the intake, cut some tabs, bent them out, and attached it to the screws on the housing...

Cold Air Return From Existing Run

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”