Finding Local Dealers

rman

Post by rman » Fri. Jul. 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Hello,
I new member to the forums and am looking for a little assistance. I am considering converting my heating system from oil HW baseboard to a coal-fired boiler. I am trying to find some local dealers in my area so I can obtain pricing and lead time information as well as finding installers once I have decided on a system.

I am considering coal boiler systems from keystoker and axeman-anderson. I have emailed both manufactures sites and have not received any reply.
I have also emailed a place called the fireplace gallery edit:removed invalid email address. And have had my email bounced back with the note remote host said: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
I live near Stroudsburg PA. Any one with contact information for some one dealing with the above systems please, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rman
Last edited by rman on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: removed bad email address

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Fri. Jul. 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Hello rman, welcome... all the stove/boiler manufacturers are running at full capacity.. and both AA and Keystoker are 'old school' companies.. they don't use computers and email as a normal communication device...

I recommend using the telephone.. you will get results..

Greg L

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jul. 25, 2008 5:11 pm

rman wrote:I have also emailed a place called the fireplace gallery edit:removed invalid email address. And have had my email bounced back with the note remote host said: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
Oops, that would be my fault as I host and manage that site. I just recently moved that site to my own server and never set the email box up. In any event I just contacted Dan from there and he wants the email address removed because he doesn't have the time to monitor it at the moment.

You can contact them by phone: (570) 298-2150

Stroudsburg is probably a little out of his way. I'd check the local phone book for dealers, look under wood fireplces too as most of them will carry most types of stoves.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Sat. Jul. 26, 2008 5:01 am

Rman you will have to call Both AA & Keystoker for Dealer info You Might want to check with EFM & AHS Aswell I Tell you this all of the companies have lead times most are 10 to 20 weeks so unless you are lucky enough to find a dealer with
stoker boiler in stock you will be waiting until next year for a unit that is ordered now good luck

http://www.axeman-anderson.com/

http://www.keystoker.com/

http://www.alternateheatingsystems.com/

http://www.efmheating.com/

rman

Post by rman » Sat. Jul. 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks all for the response, My work limits the hours that I can call, I was able to contact axeman-anderson by phone after 1700hrs however keystoker was unavailable. I also left messages with dealer reps from efm heating. yes lead time seems considerable at this point. I may just have to bite the bullet for another year and see what can be done in the spring.

Thanks
Rman

Greyhound
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 105
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Lenox Oil HA, Heat Pump

Post by Greyhound » Sat. Jul. 26, 2008 10:18 pm

Keep an eye out for used units, they still pop up from time to time. Check Craig's list and The paper shop, etc.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”