Leisure Line Hyfire 2 Issue

Noleguy33

Post by Noleguy33 » Wed. Nov. 27, 2019 11:36 am

Hello All,

A new year, same problem. I have a Leisure Line Hyfire 2. Long story short, I can get the left side to stoke but the right side won't stay lit. I have verified all motors work except for the in-line duct fan. I'm wondering if that fan is not working, it is not providing air flow down to the right side chute, which won't allow fire to stay lit. Am I correct in this? This is the only thing I can think of but I am new to all the coal stove business. Thank you for any information you can provide!

scoobydoo
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer LE top vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by scoobydoo » Fri. Dec. 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Did you get your stove working?

Noleguy33

Post by Noleguy33 » Sun. Dec. 08, 2019 2:35 pm

No, still only the one side going.

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sun. Dec. 08, 2019 4:56 pm

I had this problem with my Pioneer.It would only go out when the stove was idling.It was the gasket on the back of the feeder grate.

Noleguy33

Post by Noleguy33 » Sat. Dec. 28, 2019 11:03 pm

Thanks for your input. The right side won't even light. The starter bag lights, makes a flame and just goes out while the other side roars. I was thinking air issue. Maybe dust or a small piece(s) clogging the holes?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I

Post by WNY » Sun. Dec. 29, 2019 7:33 am

Clean under your grates, the grates do come off, but you'll probably need new gaskets once you take them apart.
Also,You can take the combustion blower off the back and vacuum in the hole under the grates.
take a drill bit and clean all the holes on the grates,
make sure your combustion blower is working correctly, might need cleaned and oiled. The blower should run at full capacity if plugged into the wall. You should feel air thru the holes. if not, something is not working or clogged.
do you have a coaltrol? or just reohstat adjustments?

Noleguy33

Post by Noleguy33 » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 10:19 am

Hi WNY,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a CoalTrol. I have tried to blow out/vacuum out the grate holes and I put a small pick in to make sure they weren't clogged. I will have to take each thing apart and try to clean it up. I moved in to my house over a year ago and had no idea how to run this stove or how to service it so I'm trying to absorb as much as I can. There also don't seem to be many people who can come service it if I get stuck so I am hesitant to really get into it.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I

Post by WNY » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 2:21 pm

WIth coaltrol, make sure both combustion fans are running or plugged in. both blowers and stokers should run together. plug stoker and or combustion blower directly into outlet to make sure both are working. only other thing I can think of is the pusher bar on the stoker came loose?

I wired up separate switches on my stokers and combustion blowers to control one side or the other depending on temps.

here's my switch box, one for blowers and one for stokers
Post by WNY - Leisure Line Hyfire I

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:34 pm

Noleguy33 wrote:
Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 10:19 am
Hi WNY,
................... I moved in to my house over a year ago and had no idea how to run this stove or how to service it so I'm trying to absorb as much as I can. There also don't seem to be many people who can come service it if I get stuck so I am hesitant to really get into it.
If you completely fill out your profile including your general location, there may be some one nearby who could assist you.

Rick

Noleguy33

Post by Noleguy33 » Sun. Mar. 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Thank you for the replies. Still having the problem of only one side running. When I put settings into test mode, all fans seem to be running. I am waiting on my vacuum to be delivered to clean everything out and see what I can do. Last night, smelled a weird odor and pulled top off of hopper and had a ton of moisture inside so I have a draft problem now too.

I live just outside of Hazleton, PA. Does anyone on this site know of anyone who can service these stoves? Thank you.

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sun. Mar. 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Have you verified that both combustion blowers are working? How about the feeder motors?

StanT

Post by StanT » Sun. Mar. 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Check here or call them.
https://leisurelinestove.com/owners/

Good luck, Stant

CoalKracker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing 3
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 460
Baseburners & Antiques: Pittston Stove Co. Magnet No.2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite rice (reading coal co)

Post by CoalKracker » Sun. Mar. 01, 2020 9:50 pm

I know there are leisure line dealers around the wilkes barre area so just look one up and give them a call. Not sure of any in hazelton.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”