logwood cof 22 warm air furnace.

williamjshaver
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: logwood
Coal Size/Type: nut/lump
Other Heating: floydwells cook stove

Post by williamjshaver » Sat. Oct. 05, 2019 12:28 pm

well yet another winter on the way,furnace been in use since 2003...how long do they last,did weld upon combustion chamber, good for now,but looking at acceptable keystoker,have questions about them...doorway to basement height 57 inches, width 36inches, basement height...67inches on furnace foundation...house is 1,700 sq ft... 2 story....looking for one with one exh, has oil burner on it, do they come disassembled... that's how i got my logwood in...currently using my oilburner, a riello...

crazysteamer
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A150
Coal Size/Type: Rice (usually Blaschack)
Other Heating: Propane

Post by crazysteamer » Sat. Nov. 02, 2019 7:24 pm

I just installed a new Keystoker A150 this summer to replace a Reading unit that was on last legs.

This maybe a bit large for your house but concept applies.

It comes in pieces...all of which will fit through the door you describe. Getting stuff DOWN STEPS into a basement will be a bit of a chore (I have a ground level basement entrance)..

Be aware that as you assemble it, things start to get heavy and tough to move around.

Since I was working on my own, I used a engine lift borrowed from my nephew..this on a concrete floor. The engine lift was almost as heavy as some of the Keystoker parts..but I needed extra sets of hands that I did not have available.

In about 3 hours I had it fully assembled (mechanically) and ready to connect to ducting / chimney and power...but in reality it is NOT a one man job.

williamjshaver
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: logwood
Coal Size/Type: nut/lump
Other Heating: floydwells cook stove

Post by williamjshaver » Sun. Nov. 03, 2019 10:49 am

yes okay... have you used the oil burner on it, have provisions for 1 exhaust pipe , is the A150 same, one exh pipe for oil burner , and running on coal.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”