Lead Times

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Tue. Jul. 15, 2008 9:24 pm

We at LLS are working as many hrs possible for a bunch of old men. Our crew normally consists of 5 full time employees. We now have 9. We are also having our feeder bodies (chassis) welded at another shop. Welded,not assembled so I can check out the workmanship. Many of the small parts are being made and welded at another shop. They are looked over before welded onto the stoves at LLS. The hoppers and hopper lids are now being powder coated. No paint. This process has improved the quality of the hopper and lid. We were one of the few, or maybe the only company that had the hoppers made out of galvaneel. This was added cost but doubled the life of the hopper. Now with powder coating it will move it up another level. We also started to powder coat the feeder body with a high temp ceramic powder. With all of the stove orders we have, there is no need to improve anything, but we do. All of these things are done to cut down on the lead time and make a better stove, so please bear with us and the other stove manufactures.
In January a company came to me about having all of our stoves made in China. They would be shipped to LLS boxed and ready to sell. This at a much bigger profit than I could ever make working the way we do. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AS LONG AS I OWN LLS. I DON'T CARE HOW FAR BEHIND WE GET. THANKS. This is a great country and forum.
Jerry
Owner of Leisure Line Stoves.

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Tue. Jul. 15, 2008 9:28 pm

Jerry,

Thanks for the update and esp. thanks for your dedication to keeping Leisure Line an American company.

It seems everything is made in China now, even a box of common nails.

gambler

Post by gambler » Tue. Jul. 15, 2008 10:16 pm

Jerry, I would rather give you $100 for a hopper made here by an american worker than give you $50 for a hopper made in China.

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue. Jul. 15, 2008 10:58 pm

Jerry,
Your attitude is very refreshing. If more manufacturers felt the same way, I doubt we'd be in the mess we are today. It seems that greed is more of a motivator that helping fellow Americans and the economy. If you build a superior product most people will pay extra to buy American.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Wed. Jul. 16, 2008 8:13 am

Don't worry to much, with the cost of shipping going up the way it is, the $25 Chinese one will be $50 before you know it. :)

sauerzbr

Post by sauerzbr » Wed. Jul. 16, 2008 8:20 am

Go Jerry! Love that you guys keep stepping up to the plate and improving on your products. I agree, I'll pay more for american and more for a superior product.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jul. 16, 2008 10:46 am

Glad to hear you took the high road Jerry. Keep up the good work.

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Wed. Jul. 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Thanks for the update Jerry. In large part due to you, we hardly have any time to read the board, let alone post on it :)
Neil

Greentree3D

Post by Greentree3D » Wed. Jul. 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Now I'm even more excited to get my new HyfireII. Thanks Jerry for making my day and staying 100% AMERICAN MADE! And thanks to Coalberner too, for really turning me onto your product line.

Steve.N
Location: Crown Point, NY East side of the state about 130 miles above Albany

Post by Steve.N » Wed. Jul. 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Just to let you know how the other side is doing, Of the 40+ stoves I have on order from Harman. I am going to get 22 or more after Mar 2009. thease are stoves that had original ship dates before August this year and have had customers expecting to get them.Now I have to call customers and disapoint them. If you are looking foe a servicing dealer in Northern NY please let me know.

Steve

coalshop

Post by coalshop » Thu. Jul. 17, 2008 12:38 am

Jerry
My daughter and I are proud to say we own 3 American made LL stoves.
Thanks for keeping Americans working burning American mined coal.
If I lived closer I would donate some time and give you a hand. :)
Keep up the good work.

e.alleg

Post by e.alleg » Fri. Jul. 18, 2008 9:25 am

Have China build them, sell them at Walmart, then just sit and watch TV and collect checks every month. Call 1-800-eat-chit for any questions. I'm glad to see there's still some integrity around, good man LL.

JwS

Post by JwS » Sun. Jul. 20, 2008 9:43 pm

I ordered my Econo July 1st, any idea when I would get that?

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Mon. Jul. 21, 2008 7:23 pm

About Dec.
Thanks,
Jerry

JwS

Post by JwS » Sun. Aug. 24, 2008 10:28 pm

Got my Econo yesterday! Downeast Coal and Stoves! Looked the stove over and cant get over how simple the feed is, my parents alaskan is much more complex, this seems like a great stove.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”