Moisture in hopper/co2 alarm going off

StanT

Post by StanT » Sat. Mar. 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Looks good to me. Take a mirror open clean out door on chimney, see if you can see daylight at the top.
My sister in law had her stove pipe blow out of the chimney with her oil stove and the masonry flue liner broke and blocked it.

Just an Idea.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sat. Mar. 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Chimney is not ideal...needs to be 2 foot above an imaginary level line from side of extended chimney to a point beyond a 10 foot length away. As it is it could be affected by downdrafts. High and with straight winds unaffected swirling winds nearby roof would improve draft.

There are some other possible issues, like if chimney interior lining is insulated from the exterior?
Baros are not ideal setting on a flue turn such as 90, 45 or a tee...best in between some straight pipe being above and below.

Instruction_Manuals_TypeRC

Badog

Post by Badog » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 9:26 am

If your draft is fine I have been there done that. I have an Alaska Liberty for 10+ years.
Change the gasket under the grate and seal the gap at the back with furnace cement. If you look you will see your fire is too far back because air is coming up through the seam. Next is a bin fire. You are seeing early warnings.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”