Hot Air Jacket

1cor29

Post by 1cor29 » Mon. Jul. 07, 2008 7:11 pm

How well does LL's hot air jacket system work. I have a 1400 sq ft ranch style house w/1000 sq ft finished in the basement.
I'm thinking the Pocono would have enough fire power.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Jul. 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Are you putting it in the basement? The jacket will wash the sides of the stove and gain more heat from the stove, I have a LL hyfire in the basement and it could use the jacket to push more heat upstairs (this falls project), without it, keeps the basement nice and warm too. But I know I can get a lot more heat upstairs with it. It all depends on your situation. If you have enough air flow upstairs, you may not need it.

1cor29

Post by 1cor29 » Mon. Jul. 07, 2008 9:11 pm

yes it goes in the basement, in my mechanical room. I want to pipe it into the return side of my furnace. is there many people out there that have used LL's hot air jacket/pipped into the cold air return and been happy with the results?

watkinsdr
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S260 Boiler

Post by watkinsdr » Mon. Jul. 07, 2008 9:46 pm

I'll be converting my Keystoker Koker to using the "Leisure Line" cold air return trick this summer. I'll let you know how it works about a year from now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note: I don't anticipate any problems; however, it would be interesting to hear from forum members who have already implemented this forced hot air solution. :) :) :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”