Pioneer problem

Revracer800

Post by Revracer800 » Fri. Jan. 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Need some help. Have a 'LL Pioneer and having trouble with the fire burning at idle, i have changed the min and max to different settings and the fire still wants to burn at idle and toward the back of the grate. I cleaned the grate holes and under the grate this morning thinking that was the problem but still not burning right. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Jan. 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Need more info:
make sure the grate is sealed and/or gasket at the back of the grate.

Do yo have chimney or power vent? What's your draft setting? do you have draft gauge.?

the MIN setting will control idle burn, max is only at FULL BURN to adjust it so it's not pushing hot coals off the grate. typically min is at 8 or 10 I think. it will burn back on the grate until there are no holes. burning towards the back is ok as long as it's not going too far back into the hopper.

Post a pic of you setup and maybe fire at idle.

Revracer800

Post by Revracer800 » Mon. Jan. 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Still having the problem. Gasket is in place in back of the grate, have a chimney with no powervent. I don't have a draft gauge. I didn't have the problem with the fire burning at the back of the grate till i shut the stove down and cleaned it. I have changed my min and max setting but still no change. I can't figure it out.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Jan. 28, 2019 9:24 pm

whats your MIN and MAX settings? Baro damper set correctly? without a draft gauge, it could be drafting more than you think and pulling air from the hopper and making it burn back.

some stoves do burn back quite a bit on the grates on Idle.

StanT

Post by StanT » Thu. Jan. 31, 2019 2:11 pm

Setup instruction here.

Ez once you understand it.

Stant

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”