Harman Combustion motor

jimbo970

Post by jimbo970 » Wed. Jan. 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just got through replacing the distribution blower on a harman magnum circa 2006. The Combustion motor still runs but for some reason this year I had to plug it into the control box as it will eventually lead to some CO2 leaks if I plug it in 24\7 even with adjusting the restictor plate in varying closures. In any case since the distribution blower konked, I figured I should be better prepared and buy a combustion blower in adcance. What I would like to do is find one that fits but can be plugged into a motor speed switch to adjust the blower fan as opposed to the restrictor plat but would like thought\advice on this if anyone has done something like that or different than just using the blower with the restrictor plate.

The fasco replacement I think is about 75 but like it is not recommended to use a speed reducer.

Should I just get the exact replacement or is there a "better" creative option someoneelse has come across.. Also anyone know best place\price to purchase new. I'de rather figure this all out in advance of a problem this time

Thanks

RFK
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF-250
Coal Size/Type: Rice or Stove Anthracite Coal
Other Heating: Baseboard Electric

Post by RFK » Thu. Jan. 17, 2019 11:36 pm

Jim, you can get an after market direct replacement blower made by NBK from Pricefalls.com Marketplace for $54.65 plus $10.95 shipping. Best price I could find. Just do a search for B75 on Pricefalls and you will get several options. As far as fan speed control is concerned see the post on combustion fan speed control on this same page that I started back in 2015.
Rick

jimbo970

Post by jimbo970 » Fri. Jan. 18, 2019 5:36 pm

RFK wrote:
Thu. Jan. 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Jim, you can get an after market direct replacement blower made by NBK from Pricefalls.com Marketplace for $54.65 plus $10.95 shipping. Best price I could find. Just do a search for B75 on Pricefalls and you will get several options. As far as fan speed control is concerned see the post on combustion fan speed control on this same page that I started back in 2015.
Rick
Thanks RFK I will check out that site. I did see your 2015 post so I take it it is safe to use a ceiling fan control. Do you still use restrictor and over all do you find it better than using the "the conteol timer box" to control combo fan.

RFK
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF-250
Coal Size/Type: Rice or Stove Anthracite Coal
Other Heating: Baseboard Electric

Post by RFK » Fri. Jan. 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Jim:
I tried the speed control for a brief while a few years back but didn't see much, if any, improvement. I'm currently running with out any speed control with the restrictor flap about half open and am getting a satisfactory burn.
Rick

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”