One side of stove won't stay lit

Noleguy33

Post by Noleguy33 » Sun. Jan. 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello all,

I just moved into my house and was figuring out how to use my Leisure Line Hyfire 2. I got both sides to stoke up and go pretty well for 2 days. I came home from work and found one side had died out but the other going strong. The carpet motor or feed motor was on and turning like it wanted to feed the coal down to burn but didn't seem like it was. I put the starter back bag in to re-light it and it will start to burn the coal but just die out. Any one have any idea what the issue could be? I have it off now and am going to vacuum in and around the slider to see if anything is stuck in there but what other advanced troubleshooting steps can I try? I've never had to deal with a coal stove before so I am doing all this as I go. Thank you for your help!

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Jan. 23, 2019 8:39 pm

make sure nothing is loose where the motor is, sometimes the motor can come loose if it wasn't tighten or the Pusher bearing rod unscrewed it self from the motor. check to make sure the motor is moving and the pusher plate is actually going back and forth.

You can drop the motor (2 nuts) and slide the pusher plate out and make sure nothing is under it, fines usually build up under it and it can make it uneven or jam.

Also make sure all the holes are cleaned out too (Drill bit works good).

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”