reading stoker stove

halftrack
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: reading allegheny
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: oil hw radiators winter hw ventless ng heater

Post by halftrack » Thu. Dec. 20, 2018 9:18 pm

been burning for 12 years now reading allegheny with powervent separate combustion fan magicheat before baro. when adjusting carpet stroke 1 full turn will take me from 3 inches of ash on end of grate to less than 1inch of ash with no other adjustments like feed rate ,more draft on powervent, more combustion air. feed motor 3 years old , clean everything including undergrate with vacuum every ton and a half of lehigh rice buck mix. either get a full burn on grate or a small fire threaded feed rod looks good . cant get a medium fire been doing this last year too. any ideas ? will try to get some pictures up over weekend

StanT

Post by StanT » Fri. Dec. 21, 2018 10:15 pm

I have the same one, Has to be the linkage sticking some where, My guess would be where it goes through the carpet. or where the 90 degree elbow is on the adjustment rod, The rpm is a constant so that is not an issue. Only other thing a longshot is something is in the bottom of the hopper and it moves around.

Let us know how you make out Please?

Good Luck, Stant

StanT

Post by StanT » Sat. Dec. 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Could also be the 1/4-28 threads are stripped on the bent rod from motor to carpet or the adjustment nut.

Good luck, Stant

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”