My Christmas present to all who have trouble lighting your stoker...

Badog

Post by Badog » Fri. Mar. 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Testify!I have been burning rice in my Alaska stove for 10 years or so and this year I started to use an electric lighter, that I have had for 20 years, and I will never go back. I put a of sheet metal dam at the bottom of the feeder. mix charcoal and rice coal around the electric lighter, plug it in and drink a beer. Pull the electric lighter out and the dam. Enjoy another beer. You may need to adjust the time based on your BCR (Beer Consumption Rate). Also I can walk my wife or house sitters through it in just a few minuets remotely if I have to.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Fri. Mar. 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Badog wrote:
Fri. Mar. 29, 2019 12:23 pm
Pull the electric lighter out and the dam. Enjoy another beer. You may need to adjust the time based on your BCR (Beer Consumption Rate). Also I can walk my wife or house sitters through it in just a few minuets remotely if I have to.
Now is that a 16 oz or 12 oz. :?: Also IPA or Lager :?: :yes:

atcfan

Post by atcfan » Fri. May. 24, 2019 8:37 am

I take a road flare and cut it in half. Place both pieces on the grate,bury with coal and light the flares with a torch and close the door. After a minute or so turn on the coal troll and its lit. I get the flares for free at work.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jun. 10, 2019 2:24 pm

No need for the drama. 80 cent starter bag (you can make yourself if needed), lightly cover with DRY coal, pick your nose and up for coffee. 90% success rate. Most failures are the coal is not dry and sometimes my nose gets blocked.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”