Waiting for alaska coal stove parts

Gorpa
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 paddle feed

Post by Gorpa » Wed. Dec. 05, 2018 9:00 pm

It's been exactly one month since I ordered a second feeder assembly from a dealer for my 140 paddle. First I was told two weeks due to a motor shortage, Turned to 3 weeks now 4. I don't quite understand why when heading into the heating season there is already a short on parts. You would think they would stock up pre season. I see motors for sale elsewhere (ebay and others) but I'm not sure the exact part number I would need. That info seems hard to find. I'll wait two more weeks and if parts don't show up, that stove will in the classifieds on here for sale. Lol. Then I'll go get a hyfire. You can get the parts directly off the company.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Dec. 05, 2018 9:32 pm

You do know about jonoacehardware on ebay?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alaska-Coal-Stove-Paddle ... :rk:1:pf:0
This motor is for the Newer Paddle feed system stoves. Threaded motor shaft attaches to the paddle feeder arm. This will not work in the older carpet feeder systems. That motor is SKU2489. We are Jono Ace Hardware in Jonestown Pa. We have been selling Alaska Stoves and parts for 20+ years.

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Wed. Dec. 05, 2018 11:56 pm

Did you try calling Alaska directly? Their main plant is in Bloomsburg, Pa. and they have a showroom located in Moosic, Pa about 15 minutes from me.

I'm not an Alaska Stove dealer but I have repaired and refurbished a number of their stoves and have purchased motors, controls, replacement ceramic glass panels, handles, and gasket sets directly from them. If the parts are not in stock in their Moosic branch, it is rare that I have to wait more than two days for them to ship them up from Bloomsburg.

If you PM me the Model and serial number of your stove, I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if they have one.

Paulie

Gorpa

Post by Gorpa » Thu. Dec. 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Thank you both very much. I got the phone call today. My parts are in now. I should have waited one more day before I wrote the post and vented my frustration on here last night. Go figure.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Thu. Dec. 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Glad they arrived and you'll be up and running soon.

That's the way it always seems to work.....
vent about it in a post and it shows up right after. :yes:

swattley01
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alaska Gnome 40
Baseburners & Antiques: Buckwalters Vale Oak 315
Coal Size/Type: nut / rice
Other Heating: March Brownback potbelly #12

Post by swattley01 » Sun. Dec. 09, 2018 10:18 pm

i got my stoker motor from the shop in PA they were very helpful and i got it in few days

Gorpa

Post by Gorpa » Wed. Dec. 12, 2018 8:51 pm

I installed the second feeder assembly last weekend. Works great. Bolted right in. Had them both burning for a couple days. The design of the paddle and blower motor are a little different than the older original one. I assume they improved it as time went on. Very happy with it.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”