Alaska Channing part confirmation

Mountain Mike
Stoker Coal Boiler: Channing 1

Post by Mountain Mike » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 6:10 pm

I have an Alaska Channing that I bought used last year. It worked great all last year, and this year until the gear motor went on the feeder. The dealer doesn't have them in stock, and wait time is 3 weeks! :o No thanks. I found an ace hardware about 90 mins from me that has an eBay store that sells Alaska parts. I don't have a Manuel so I dont know sku numbers. I'm not sure what generation Channing it is but it uses the paddle feed system, not the carpet style. Can someone confirm the sku number for me? I found what I think is the right part, sku number 2496. Is this right? I'd post a link to the sale but I'm not sure if that's against the rules.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Fri. Nov. 30, 2018 8:02 am

Welcome to the forum Mike,

Yes, you can post a link to the motor. I had a 140 dual paddle feed a few years ago. I don't have any information about the motor though. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some info.

-Don

csstoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by csstoker » Fri. Nov. 30, 2018 11:58 am

I have a kast console III with paddle feed motor # is S038M. I know Alaska has been using the same motors for years, but don't know if it is a different motor between models.

if what you found looks the same as what you have and is for a channing, I am not sure what would be different. But maybe others with more experience would know what to look for.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”