Need Stove Advice

JwS

Post by JwS » Sun. Sep. 21, 2008 8:10 am

Thanks guys. I woke this morning to no fire either. Something is up. The combustion fan is going, all is normal. When I had it at full tilt the stove had a huge bed of hot coal and the flames were high. I then turned the thermostat down and went to bed- this morning no fire but the stove was running still and going through the motions.

I think I need to let it run more and watch the heat output. Its quite possible I didnt give it enough time to fully heat up the room.

Thanks again. Will try again tonight.

JwS

Post by JwS » Tue. Sep. 23, 2008 7:19 pm

I have it going right now. The flames are high, the heat output seems pretty good, comparable to my 40,000 BTU monitor heater if I had to compare. I still need to adjust the damper. I didnt see any waves of heat out of the chimney though when I went outside (something my other wood/coal stove would do all the time).

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Tue. Sep. 23, 2008 7:46 pm

Hi JWS,
Make sure that your min is min and max are set at 6-40. I think because you had the thermo set so high at 90 and then turned it down when you went to bed, it came down too fast and didn't catch up to itself. Maybe you should set the min at 8 to start, then when you see how the stove reacts, play with the settings.
Good luck,
Jerry

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Tue. Sep. 23, 2008 8:04 pm

You don't want heat waves coming out of your chimney,, that is wasted heat, an efficient stove will leave most of the heat in the house, and a minimum will go up hte chimney.

Greg L

JwS

Post by JwS » Tue. Sep. 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Thanks a ton. I really think the best part of buying a LL stove is the advice and help you get from Jerry! This stove is cranking out the heat now. It is working wonderfully.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”