Keystoker large rblower

lamina1982
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker econo 90
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lamina1982 » Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 10:51 pm

I currently have a 500cfm blower on the keystoker 90...i realise the stove cant be a furnace and probably need to see about trading in. But has anyome adooted say a 1000 or more cfm blower to the 90?

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 2:35 am

I put in a 460cfm dist. blower as I had a long 8" pipe run with serrated walls and wished to get some more air. If you blow to much you will actually get less heat transfer/

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 8:23 pm

You are correct, they are stoves, not furnaces. the mfr's usually size them for optimum heat/air flow.
too much airflow will cool it down too much and just blow cooler air.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Let me get this straight, if one were to burn 40 pounds of coal in 24 hours with too much blower which causes blowing cool air all day long, then most all of that burning coal's heat went where?

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Fri. Nov. 30, 2018 5:04 am

MG, firstly would you want cool air rushing around the house in winter. Do you really think that if stove manufacturers could increase efficiency just by installing bigger fans they would not have done it? I have a 100 mph carb I would like to sell you. Where does it go? It never gets extracted from the metal surface and more heat goes up the chimney. Millions of CPU cooling papers will tell you that one. There is also the noise factor but super quiet fans sold at a reasonable price now thx to the pot industry (errr, hmmm, I mean hydroponics), have me looking at other possibilities.

CoalisCoolxWarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Fri. Nov. 30, 2018 7:40 am

If you need more warmth and comfort, ideally you want to heat the COOLEST air in your home- which makes cold air returns even more important than heat runs. If you don't have duct work, at least get that low to the ground and cool air moving towards the furnace.

If you have a tight basement, the furnace can pull some of it on its own. If not, you often pull COLDER air from the air infiltration. It uses up more BTUs to heat 30F infiltrating air to 120-150F than it does 50-70F recirculated inside air.

To the average person, 100F moving air is cool. 120F is okay, 150F is warm.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sat. Dec. 01, 2018 7:19 pm

McGiever wrote:
Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 9:36 pm
Let me get this straight, if one were to burn 40 pounds of coal in 24 hours with too much blower which causes blowing cool air all day long, then most all of that burning coal's heat went where?
coalnewbie wrote:
Fri. Nov. 30, 2018 5:04 am
MG, firstly would you want cool air rushing around the house in winter. Do you really think that if stove manufacturers could increase efficiency just by installing bigger fans they would not have done it? I have a 100 mph carb I would like to sell you. Where does it go? It never gets extracted from the metal surface and more heat goes up the chimney. Millions of CPU cooling papers will tell you that one. There is also the noise factor but super quiet fans sold at a reasonable price now thx to the pot industry (errr, hmmm, I mean hydroponics), have me looking at other possibilities.
Only wanted to know where my 40 pounds of coal's heat went to...your saying it vanished up the chimney!, Thanks for your reply. Scratching head...how did it know???

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”