LL Pioneer help

Revracer800

Post by Revracer800 » Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 3:07 pm

First of all new guy here and new to a coal stove. Recently purchased a leisure Line Pioneer stove, problem is I'm struggling to get my home warm. I live in a mobile home with a 16x16 addition that is where the stove is. I have the temp set at 80 on the coal trol and it's warm in the warm where the stove is but loving room and kitchen area can't get it above 65. I have the min set at 5 max set at 35, i have tried different settings and still can't figure it out. Been burning about a 40lb bag of coal a Day, also noticed i am seeing a lot of unburned coal in the pan and can't get a consistent 1-2" ash at the end of the grate. I have the fan set at manual fan and i think at 70. Feed rate is at 99. Other settings on the coal trol I'm kinda struggling to figure out. Any help would be great. I'm also burning anthracite coal.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Until things settle down set min=8 and max=16. Pic/drawing of your lay out and we can look at cold air returns and get that warm air moving around.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 6:36 pm

First, where is your thermostat is relation to the stove? close, far away? etc... Also don't make huge changes to the settings, change it a little, and let it catch up at least an hour or so.

Check the coaltrol manual, you might need more MAX setting, not sure what the starting setting are for your stove, my Hyfire I think i am running min 8, max 48? MIN is for IDLE setting, don't go too low, it could go out or you might loose draft.

if you are getting FR99 and not pushing hot coals off or you have 2-3" of ash, keep increasing your MAX setting by maybe 2 and let it catch up until you have about 1" of ash or less, then you can decrease the MAX setting by a couple.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”