Clayton 1600m Thermo Disc Question

scott13676
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: clayton 1600m

Post by scott13676 » Fri. Nov. 23, 2018 10:26 pm

I just replaced my thermo disc on my clayton 1600m about a month ago, now my C and D settings are not working forcing me to have to use the B setting. is there another thermo disc out there that works other than the one us stove sells or has someone converted to a Honeywell limit switch, if so how did you do it? I know there's insulation in behind my thermo disc. I know some of the other 1600 models came with a limit switch instead of thermo disc, just curious how long the probe on the limit switch was or a part number I can use if I can convert it. Many thanks in advance.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Nov. 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Hey Scott, on my Clayton 1537 I bypassed the thermostat that runs the blowers. Instead, I mounted a thermal snap switch top dead center of the furnace's exterior air jacket. It closes and turns on the blowers when it reaches 115 degrees, then opens at 105 degrees which turns off the blowers. I'm very happy with its operation. During cold weather the blowers run pretty much 24/7, which is what I prefer. Then during mild weather the blowers will toggle on and off which helps save on the electric bill a little since I don't really need the blowers on 24/7 during warm spells.

scott13676
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: clayton 1600m

Post by scott13676 » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 1:49 pm

thanks lightning. I was thinking about a similar mod with a limit switch. ive gone thru 2 of those snap switches or thermo disc already. My buddy was suggesting placing one in the plenum duct and see how that works. Thanks again, greatly appreciated!

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”