New manometer on Harman Mag Stoker

Coalnoob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker
Other Heating: Propane forced air furnace, Wood stove

Post by Coalnoob » Mon. Nov. 19, 2018 8:13 am

Good morning everyone, I finally had a chance to install my MarkII manometer on my stove. It seems to be reading between .2-.3 for draft. Is this good? If not how can I improve it? I have pictures included so everyone can see my setup. The low port is in the pipe and high port is open. Not even sure if this is how to set everything up. Thanks again!

Attachments

Qtown1835
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker '81 KA4 (online 1/16/17)
Coal Size/Type: WAS Lehigh Rice (TBD)
Other Heating: EFM SPK600

Post by Qtown1835 » Mon. Nov. 19, 2018 8:27 am

The draft is fine as long as it is positive. Harman recommends -.06 but i ran my MK3 in the -.02range with no issue. Your reading may not be all that accurate with the probes proximity to the baro. Im thinking the baro needs to be moved up and away from the stove body. The probe can stay in that location though.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Nov. 19, 2018 8:45 am

Is that baro open at all while you are getting that reading? .02 -.03 is a bit low if that was a full fire reading, if that is an idle fire reading it is about the same as mine (full fire i am between .04 - .05 with baro opening at that point). If that is a full fire reading you will want to be careful about how much air you allow into the combustion fan since it will be very easy to pressurize the fire box and have CO escape into the room. Also, if that is a full fire reading I don't think you want the baro since it is not 100% sealed when closed and you want all the draft you can get through the firebox and up the flue.

There is an allen head bolt under the firebox door in the middle of the stove body, if you can get that out you can put the manometer probe there to see what your firebox draft is and compare that to the flue pipe draft. If you can't get the allen head bolt out you can drill a hole next to it and put your own bolt in it to seal it.

CoalisCoolxWarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Tue. Nov. 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Looks good!

For permanent install, a few tips.

1. The open to atmosphere end doesn't have to be long. Many of us just have about 6 inches- enough to loop the piece so it points down and avoids dust. Less weight prevents long term kinking at the top.

2. If you want to adjust the routing of the attached to the pipe tubing, a good option is no-kink brake line. Bend by hand, right diameter to fit the tubing, stiff enough to keep it's shape and be clamped into place with wire holders.

Nice spot you mounted the Dwyer :yes:

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”