Alaska Channing 2 pad dimensions?

janitor_ed
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-81

Post by janitor_ed » Fri. Oct. 26, 2018 7:32 am

Hello,
I have an Alaska Channing 2 and am trying to figure out the correct dimensions for the stove pad.

The only manual i can find seems to be for the Kast Concole, Channing 3 and the 140. In there it says the pad should extend 8 inches behind the hopper of the stove yet it says minimum clearance from the hopper to the wall is 2 inches. I'm a bit confused by this.

Is there anyone who can tell me what they did for the pad for their Channing 2?

janitor_ed
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-81

Post by janitor_ed » Sun. Oct. 28, 2018 10:06 am

Here is the data plate on my stove. So if I’m interpreting this correctly the pad needs to extend 8 inches from where the hopper meets the back of the stove. Also that only 2 inches is needed between the back of the hopper and the wall. So since the hopper is 10 inches deep I think the determining factor here is going to be to distance of the top vent chimney connector pipe to the wall. So I think that if I maintain the required minimum of 18 inches from the pipe to the wall I should be ok.
If my understanding of NFPA 211 is correct I should be able to get down to the 2 inches of clearance behind the stove if I add appropriate non combustible protection on the wall.

Does my understanding seem correct?

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”