Price Check for a New DVC-500

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Wed. Jul. 02, 2008 7:48 am

I paid for the guy from the store (won't say who) to come out to my house to check my setup, give me advice on wher eto install the stove and for a written price. When I go to the store the woman (co owner) tell sme that my written price is not good that there was a price increase. It was about 150.00. How do u give a customer a written price and then not honor it.

ablumny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman dvc500
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by ablumny » Wed. Jul. 02, 2008 7:59 am

trader....

"I paid for the guy from the store (won't say who) to come out to my house to check my setup, give me advice on wher eto install the stove and for a written price. When I go to the store the woman (co owner) tell sme that my written price is not good that there was a price increase. It was about 150.00. How do u give a customer a written price and then not honor it."

Does your dealer begin with an "R" on LI???

marvin

Post by marvin » Wed. Jul. 02, 2008 11:07 am

TCOAL. I see you are in NEPA. Where are you getting coal for $140/ton if you don't mind me asking?

Steve.N
Location: Crown Point, NY East side of the state about 130 miles above Albany

Post by Steve.N » Wed. Jul. 02, 2008 1:05 pm

ken wrote:Steve , thats just not right. Harman should honor any price they quoted before Aug. 4th.
Here is the Harman letter sent to dealers. About 3/4 of the units I ordered and sold before June will be effected by the increase.

June 16, 2008
Dear Harman Dealers,
As communicated to you on June 2nd, the Harman™ brand has continued to experience significant increases in many raw material costs which have a direct impact on all our manufactured products. Specifically, we continue
to experience increases in steel. Our commitment to lean manufacturing and rapid continuous improvement
helps us offset some of those increases, however, it is impossible to offset all increases.
Consequently, Harman will be implementing a price increase that becomes effective with orders shipped on and after August 4, 2008. The average increase for the brand will equate to 6.75%.
MSRP
Products Percentage Increase
Stoves, Inserts, Central Heat and Fireplaces 7%
Accessories & Parts 5%
A comprehensive SKU list reflecting this price increase will be posted on the dealer web site on June 16, 2008 and is available for you to download. The updated MSRP price book will be posted to the dealer web site on July 2.
Harman has taken the necessary steps in personnel and equipment to ramp up production. We will be
producing at a run rate of 2.5 times the original anticipated volume. This is being done without sacrificing quality or risking our long term plans to support our dealers.
Thank you for your continued support of the Harman brand.
If you have any questions about this price increase, please contact your Harman sales representative.
Karen McSherry V.P. Berger Tim Manning
Harman Brand Manager Vice President/General Manager National Sales Manager

nails1960

Post by nails1960 » Wed. Jul. 02, 2008 9:09 pm

if you are going to make your own hearth pad, check with your local fire department for recomendations. I think you may need a layer of sheetmetal, then concrete backer board, then your tile, doesn't hurt to check

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”