New Coal Burner Question

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 4:24 pm

This Koker, Koker Lite thing, is it a stoker or hand fired? I moved this thread thinking it a hand fired. Am I wrong?

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 4:28 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 4:24 pm
This Koker, Koker Lite thing, is it a stoker or hand fired? I moved this thread thinking it a hand fired. Am I wrong?
Yup, their both stokers.

-Don

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 4:29 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 4:24 pm
It is a stoker that is partly a radiant stove and partly a forced air furnace. It's sort of a hybrid. It effectively begins where many basement stove owners end up after they realize that heat distribution will require a lot more thought than they initially put into their purchase.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 5:16 pm

LOL, OK it's going back to the stoker forum. :oops:

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 5:40 pm

I have a koker lite tied in to heat side of duct work,heat 1800 sq. Ft. 2story,does a great job for me.do cold air return also.

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Tue. Sep. 11, 2018 8:56 am

breakingdylan wrote:
Mon. Sep. 10, 2018 3:49 pm
Yea thats what i was aiming for either the Koker or Koker LIte to help heat the floor while still throwing heat to the rest of the house. Its one of those things I just want to shut off the propane during the harsh months and just not use it. Propane bills suck. Ill work on insulating the walls with board insulation or something.
I studied insulating my foundation walls. What i found was it was most important and (therefore get the most return for insulation dollars) to start with the part exposed above ground to about 2-3' below grade. Spray foam was the best and i remember that open and closed cell foam worked best. What I don't remember right now was if the closed cell was on top 3-4 ' or the bottom. Part of it was supposed to breath to minimize mold formation between the block/insulation. Should be easy to search out and use the correct sheet insulation.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”