I Just Bought Another Leisure Line

Protrucker
Stoker Coal Boiler: in the future....when home renovation is done. (radiant floor)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pocono, Keystoker & Leisure Line Li'l Heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning #523, Coal Chubby, Floral Gem #519 & one other Warm Morning stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut & Rice
Other Heating: Propane fired forced hot air

Post by Protrucker » Thu. Jul. 26, 2018 7:04 am

I've been looking for a good deal for another stoker for my PA home & think I found one. I had to travel a couple hours to just north of Williamsport to get it, but I think it was worth it.
My stove is a Leisure Line, but I'm not quite sure of the model. The ID tag on it doesn't have a mark in any of the model boxes & doesn't even mention the model that it looks like on the Leisure Line web site. To me, it looks like a Li'l Heater. The ID tag shows the Econo I & Econo Sidewinder, but not the Li'l Heater. I can't find any pic's of an Econo I to compare to though. My stove has the Coal-Trol system on it, so I don't think it's a really early model. I was able to get the serial number, 10753 from the tag. I need to confirm the model.
I'm going to need to replace the upper door gasket & broken glass in that door. Other than that & a little cleaning & fresh high temp paint & the stove will look new again. The stainless steel chimney cap, stovepipe & a large plate of steel for closing off a fireplace came with it.
Here are pics of my stove & the Li'l Heater from the Leisure Line web site.

Oh.... do you think $200 was too much to pay for it? :wink:

ottobody
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Lil heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS comfort max 75
Coal Size/Type: Rice, nut
Other Heating: electric baseboard

Post by ottobody » Thu. Jul. 26, 2018 7:18 am

You got a heck of a deal! Looks just like my Lil heater and I payed a lot more new. Congrats!
Ottobody

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Jul. 26, 2018 9:04 am

Great deal and a nice stove.

Phil May
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 700
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Liesure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Phil May » Thu. Jul. 26, 2018 11:39 am

Real good deal. When you install put a new Baro dampner in. It is really important on these. I have one that does not have a coal trol it is really simple and well built.

Protrucker
Stoker Coal Boiler: in the future....when home renovation is done. (radiant floor)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pocono, Keystoker & Leisure Line Li'l Heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning #523, Coal Chubby, Floral Gem #519 & one other Warm Morning stove

Post by Protrucker » Thu. Jul. 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Phil May wrote:
Thu. Jul. 26, 2018 11:39 am
When you install put a new Baro dampner in. It is really important on these.
I don't even need to do that! There's a barometric damper already on the stove. :mrgreen:

Protrucker

Post by Protrucker » Fri. Jul. 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Wow, it get's even better!

Today, I called Leisure Line & spoke with one of the owners, Matt. I wanted to confirm that it is a Li'l Heater like I thought. It is. Then I gave him the serial number to find out how old it is. He told me that it was made in either 2013 or 2014.

Other than a little superficial rust in a few spots, this stove looks really good to me. Like it wasn't used all that much. I wondered though.

Here's the best part....
The guy I bought the stove from told me that he bought his house four years ago. He also said that he unhooked the stove & moved it to his garage before he even moved in. That means that this stove couldn't have been used for more than one or two seasons!

By the time I replace the broken glass & door gasket & shoot a little paint on it, I'll have an almost new Leisure Line with a Coal-Trol for just about $300. :mrgreen:

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”