Koker 160 going out

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Dec. 31, 2017 7:09 am

You're fume switch seems very close to the side, mine has a spacer tube and is about 6" or so from the back of the stove.
Since its a thermal type switch, maybe just tripping on high temp of the stove running hard since it's so cold.

CoaLen
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by CoaLen » Sun. Dec. 31, 2017 7:42 am

If I can be of some help...
Here's a photo of the setting for the plate onthe combustion motor as installed at the factory
Koker combustion motor.jpg
.JPG | 191.9KB | Koker combustion motor.jpg
Here's a photo of the fume switch as installed at the factory
Koker Nov 2010 002.jpg
.JPG | 284.5KB | Koker Nov 2010 002.jpg
The draft for the direct vent system is through the vent tubes that run from the bottom back corners inside the Koker, up to the top center at the bottom of the 6" dia. direct vent housing. I think you're on the right track to clean out the ashes inside the Koker, especially around the fume switch. You may have had some ashes miss the ash bucket and fell into that area.
Like WNY, I've been running my Koker for 10 yrs and never had my fume switch cutout. You may have a defective switch if the cleanout doesn't do the trick.
I hope this is some help to you. Good luck with it.
-Len

gennylight01

Post by gennylight01 » Sun. Dec. 31, 2017 12:35 pm

Ok guys so I just went to *censored* it off to clean it and found unburned coal pulled up in the corners of the stove so I'm thinking it's not exhausting properly. I think it's coming off the burn plate. My question is how do I prevent that? I have the feed turned down as I was pushing hot coals into Ash pan. Any suggestions??

CoaLen
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by CoaLen » Sun. Dec. 31, 2017 12:51 pm

gennylight01 wrote:
Sun. Dec. 31, 2017 12:35 pm
found unburned coal pulled up in the corners of the stove
I can't imagine how the stoker could push coal into the corners. When you first loaded it did you dump the coal in quickly? Maybe it blew through the opening in the bottom of the bin and bounced off the burn plate into the corners.
Have you been seeing unburned coal in the ash bucket?
By the way, was the unburned coal piled high enough to block the exhaust vent openings?

Edit: After thinking about it I do recall having to add some gasket rope at the back corners along the outside of side rails on the stoker bed to prevent unburned coal from falling down into the cavity under the stoker unit. I never saw the coal fall as far as the bottom of the Koker but if you have an opening llarger than I had maybe that could happen. Look for unburned coal directly underneath the stoker.
Last edited by CoaLen on Sun. Dec. 31, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gennylight01

Post by gennylight01 » Sun. Dec. 31, 2017 12:59 pm

No more than normal. I may have dumped it in too fast but there's always coal on edge of burn grate. I think the one side had partially blocked the vent. I shoveled it all out and am going to see if it continues

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”