Keystoker Info

treysgt

Post by treysgt » Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 9:57 am

I've attached some photos of a stoker I am considering for my Dad. No idea what kind it is and the keystoker site is pretty useless. Can anyone ID this stove and give me an opinion on this model? Also, is it possible to convert this to a rear-vent - if so, how hard?

Thanks

Attachments

key1.jpg
.JPG | 7.1KB | key1.jpg
key2.jpg
.JPG | 7.2KB | key2.jpg

ken

Post by ken » Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 12:17 pm

looks like a 90,000. get the # off it and call Keystoker , they will tell you what you have. I was told when I got mine at the sale it was 90,000. after a call to them for info on a gear motor , they told me the bay window is only 75,000. :o , so I got me a big woman to make up the diff and keep me warm. :D

JohnnyAsbury

Post by JohnnyAsbury » Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Looks just like my Keystoker 90, except with the top vent.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Keystoker is 'old school'.. they keep a build sheet on every stove or appliance they make. So with the stove's serial number they can tell you when it was made,, the motors on it, etc etc..

Looks like a standard 90K model to me.. very tough well made unit.

As for converting it to back vent.. well anything is possible,, but I'd ask Keystoker.. to see if it is feasable.

Greg L

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Too late, I already bought it, Richard said first come first served. :lol: JK I have already sold all my Keystokers before I even got to refurb them, so be aware the only reason that thing is still there is the color. :sick:

But seriously, that stove is a good deal, don't fiddle around too long, if you want it buy it. You can always run the pipe down next to the stove, would be a much better option than butchering the very efficient double pass design of that unit.

BTW, that is only 4 years old, the last year they made the angled grate, should make you a good unit with a little work and a coat of black paint to cover that awful blue. ;)

treysgt

Post by treysgt » Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 9:42 pm

Matthaus- I already got a hint that you were zeroing in on it!

My Dad needs it blue or not. His drafty old place will have a second mortgage on it held by the Arabs this winter if I don't get him something soon. Thanks for all the info - hopefully I can still get it..

treysgt

Post by treysgt » Wed. Jun. 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Well, my Dad called me today, and he had it in his pickup..! He was not too happy with the color either, but I'm sure he will be happy with his heating bill this season. I assured him that $650 for a Keystoker was a fine deal.

I am heading down to visit him next month and will post some photos of it then. The plan so far is to put it in front of a double hung window (sashes removed) and put some sort of fire-proof board (any suggestions for material here?) to fill the sash space and power-vent through that. Looking through prior posts it seems the FieldControl SWG units are suited for this when used with a WMO switch? The field control site mentions a CK-unit to use but I did not see anything called a WMO. Any rough ideas on what these units cost and where to buy? Once I see the stove I am sure I will be able to ask questions a bit better than now, but any tips in advance are much appreciated. thanks

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Jun. 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Leisure Line sells a PV kit for their stoves, WMO-1 safety switch, SWG 4HDS with attached Speed control, 6" baro, and 4" to 6" adapter. LL dealers should have them in stock for $550 to $600 or so, maybe less if they are in a discount mood. ;)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”