Combustioneer stoker Help

Fastback71
Stoker Coal Boiler: Combustabible model 77B

Post by Fastback71 » Sun. Dec. 17, 2017 10:46 pm

New to the site hope someone can help just picked up a nice Combustioneer mod 77 and been playing with the settup trying to heat a 30x40 polebarn with some insolateion trying to get my feed and draft blower set up. Tryed running it on the small pully on the motor and the gearbox has a 4" pully got a lot of smoke in my hopper after it set for a while . So moved to the middle pully on the motor and no more smoke in the box on startup but big clinkers that put out the fire .have my hold fire timer set to run for around 8 minutes every 30 minutes. Any help would be appreciated I've read all the posts about it on the site gess I'm messing something thanks

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Dec. 18, 2017 6:16 am

Send a private message to forum member 'Berlin'. He has a wealth of hands on knowledge regarding this boiler.

Then send a similar message to forum member 'McGiever', as he is a storehouse of knowledge with respect to this appliance also.

Fastback71
Stoker Coal Boiler: Combustabible model 77B

Post by Fastback71 » Tue. Dec. 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks Iayre I'll try had it running good for the last couple of days when I came home today the fire was out . Restarted it and opened the draft a little more and reajusted the hold fire runs for 8 minutes every 30 minutes heres a pic of the fire after about a hour of running

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”