Pioneer Top Vent Old Models Vs 2008 Model??

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
mmroadster
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL-110

Post Sat. Jun. 14, 2008 6:01 pm

I have a chance to buy a floor model Pioneer top vent that is approximately three to four years old. Could you give me an idea of the differences in standard features between a unit in this age range and a brand new unit. According to the salesperson this unit was heavily used in a uninsulated part of thier showroom, what potential problems should I look for to make sure I don't get a lemon.

Jerry & Karen

Post Sat. Jun. 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi,
There are really only a few things that can go bad, but if you had to repair every motor and glass the cost would still be under $400.00. Look to replace the gaskets in both doors, glass and gasket, convection and combustion fans should be oiled and feeder motor cleaned. That's about it.
Jerry LLS

mmroadster
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL-110

Post Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks for the reply Jerry, I bought the stove today. Is the domestic hot water coil a "standard" part that can be bought anywhere? My dealer doesn't stock them and I was hoping to avoid the special order wait.

Jerry & Karen

Post Mon. Jun. 16, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi,
Most coils can be purchased at any stove shop. We sell them at our factory outlet for $235.00 + tax and freight.
Jerry

Leopald
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Jerry,

I just purchased a stove from a dealer very recently. It was preassembled (but not used) when I received it. After watching the DVD, I realize that I do not have the automatic shutoff that is installed in case the exhaust is blocked. I didn't get from the DVD whether this part was exclusive to the power vent or not. I do not need the power vent as we have an existing chimney that is a good application for our new stove.

I don't think this is a big deal, but figured maybe I had an older model that didn't include this piece.

Thanks Jerry!

Jon

spc

Post Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Unless something changed in 08 the automatic shutoff is for the power vent only. I have an 07 top vent piped into chimney with no auto shutoff. CO detector is a must which does come with all new LL stoves.
Stephen
"Lord, free me of myself so I can please You." - Michaelangelo
“Christianity has not been tried and found false — it’s been tried and found too difficult.”-C.S. Lewis

Jerry & Karen

Post Tue. Jun. 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi Jon,
Spc is right. The safety switch (wmo-1) only comes with the power venter.
Thanks for your purchase,
Jerry

Leopald

Post Wed. Jun. 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Excellent. Thanks guys.

Jerry, thanks for an excellent product. Sadly, I won't get to fire her up until fall / winter, but she looks great in the living room.

Jon

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”