Hyfire Plenum Help

brandonh98
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Hyfire

Post by brandonh98 » Thu. Nov. 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Looking for cheaper plenum options than what's available at Lowes and Home Depot.

My Hyfire already has a heat jacket with two 8" ducts coming out of the top. I'll need a 24" plenum to run both ducts into it. From the plenum I plan on putting an 8" inline duct fan with 8" flex duct to two registers.

My plenum needs to be 24" X 10" X Doesn't really matter how long. I'm seeing one option that will work for me (28 X 17.5 X 20.5) but it's $121 at Home Depot. I'm also seeing 24x8x48 duct trunks but I cant get an 8" flex duct to come off this due to the 8" dimension.

Not sure about using duct board right above the stove? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cntbill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: EFM AF-150
Baseburners & Antiques: Radiant Gem 22 & Queen Bengal both by Floyd, Wells Co.
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Buck - Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Fireplace

Post by cntbill » Fri. Nov. 10, 2017 8:22 pm

If you know someone that has a Metal Brake plenums are a fairly easy to make, I just got done making one for my EFM. Sheet metal from a HVAC supply house is heaver than you would find at the box stores and probably a little cheaper. A supply house could also recommend some one that has a metal brake as well just in case you don't know anyone and probably half price.

brandonh98
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Hyfire

Post by brandonh98 » Fri. Nov. 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks for the reply. Googled "duct supply" and actually got quite a few supply companies near me. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of them will actually make custom plenums. Thanks again.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Nov. 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Find a "tin knocker" furnace installer and give him a dimensioned drawing or sketch and they'll make you whatever you need.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”